Belgium in brief :
• Area: 30,528 km2
• Population: 10.951.266 inhabitants, 6.306.638 in the Flemish Region,
3.525.540 in the Walloon Region and 1.119.088 in the Brussels Capital
Region (source: Federal Public Service for the Economy, SMEs, the Self-
Employed and Energy, 1.1.2012)
• Capital city: Brussels
• Official languages: Dutch, French and German
• Political system: a constitutional parliamentary monarchy
• Head of State: HRH King Albert II
• Per capita GDP: Approximately €32,000
• Currency: The Euro since 1 January 2002
• Recognised religions: Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, Judaism, Anglicanism,
Greek Orthodox Church and Islam. Secularism is recognised equally
alongside the aforementioned religions.
• Belgian National Day: 21 July (anniversary of King Leopold I’s accession to
Source ; http://www.belgium.be/en/binaries/belgium_at_a_glance_tcm115-36271.pdf
See more info here :
Watch this video.
Have a look at these photos : https://picasaweb.google.com/105826221438361343367/PhotosAboutBelgium?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNCrnZOag7OKMw&feat=directlink
Download this 36 pages brochure about Belgian history, art, ecomomy, etc.
Go to these websites :